Thursday, January 16, 2014

Modular Origami: Kusudama

Oops, its been a quite some time since I've updated my blog.

I had been busy lately because of just starting to go college few days ago.

Things had not been fully settled down yet but so far so good.

As from my last post, today I will be introducing you the other type of Modular Origami -

Kusudamas.

A wide variations of kusudamas

You might have noticed...or not.

One of the largest difference between Kusudamas and Sonobes are: -

Kusudamas usually have floral-pattern / curved based design while in my opinions it looks more fancy than Sonobes.

Besides, mostly Kusudamas would be more complex either be on folding the modules or assembling the pieces when compared with folding advanced Sonobe models as it sometimes might have curved creases or contains part to be swirled.

Example of  Kusudamas consist of swirled / curved parts.


Kusudama Spiral
[Designed by Ирина Krivyakina]
[Folded by Me]


Fish Curler Kusudama
[Designed by Ekaterina Lukasheva]
[Folded by Rui Roda]



Kusudama Versailles
[Designed by Krystyna Burczyk]
[Folded by Tadashi Mori]


Still, there are a lot different kind of variations of modular origamis outside, please do explore them as I couldn't share every single good work to everyone else.

That's somehow the explanation for Modular Origami, thank you for visiting my blog and stay tuned for my next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment